Re: best ext3 reader/writer software?

2009/6/3 András Péter <apotyi83@gmail.com>:
> What's the "best" EXT3, or "any" Linux FileSystem "Reader"-"Writer"
> software? :P What are people using most often for e.g.: LVM2 (or dm_crypted
> LVM2?) writing? under windows?
> thanks :)

For windows, there are a couple options for reading and a couple for for r/w

Explore2fs - reads ext2/3 and ReiserFS - I used this at one time,  it works.
Just a program, not a driver (so no explorer/system access, no drive letter)
http://www.chrysocome.net/explore2fs

Linux Reader for Windows - Haven't tried it, but diskinternals is
good. read-only
Just a program, not a driver (so no explorer/system access, no drive letter)
http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

ext2 file system driver - Apparently reads and writes ext2/3, is a driver
website not that clear
http://www.ext2fsd.com/projects/projects.htm

Ext2 Installable File System for Windows - read/write driver
I haven't used it, but I have heard a lot about it. Works pretty well,
apparently.
Mounts ext3 in ext2 mode
http://www.fs-driver.org/index.html

I don't think there is any way to access LVM2 volumes from Windows

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers