Re: gspca driver on debian sid (amd64)

Raven wrote:
> Hi all.
> I am trying to install the 'gspca' driver for a Logitech webcam but
> compiling from source fails and I could not find any debian package
> containing that module.
> Any ideas?

I am having similar problem on amd64 machine but on Ubuntu Jaunty. It
has 2.6.28 kernel. The compiling fails during m-a a-i command for gspca.

I am not connected to the machine right now so I cannot post the errors
found during compiling, but the errors reported in message #2 here seem
to the ones I was getting:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gspca/+bug/273727

I got the same errors while trying to compile the modules by downloading
the gspca source from
http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html

However, compiling of the gspca source from this site worked:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~jfrancois/gspca/

But I am trying to make a Microsoft VX-1000 webcam work. The compiled
module did detect the camera and created /dev/video0, but there was no
image in cheese. (Before this new module, the camera was being detected
by lsusb but no /dev/video0 device was being created.)

Hope this helps in some way.
Regards.

ever having been read.