Re: package locally compiled gets "upgraded"

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
<uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to locally recompile package "wwwoffle" because of some bugs in it.
> I have not changed the version hoping that the same version prevents apt
> from upgrading it.
>
> However apt runs "upgrade" while reinstalling the same version of package.
> Is there any way to tune this behaviour?
>
> I haven't changed the version so if any new version appeared in archive, I
> want to have it upgraded...

I have an idea, you first install the package from official debian
source, and keep it there, then install your fixed version(with the
same version number) by --prefix=/usr to overwrite the fault one, is
that clever? :)