Re: [solved] Re: ctrl+S in rtorrent in konsole suspends output instead of starting torrents

In <[🔎] gvvpbb$83m$1@ger.gmane.org>, H.S. wrote:
>H.S. wrote:
>> I have just noticed that I cannot start or resume torrents in konsole
>> with the usual CTRL+S rtorrent key combo in konsole as I was able to in
>> the past (till several weeks ago perhaps). It instead suspends output
>> (and CTRL+q needs to be pressed to cancel that). How do I change this
>> flow control to get the previous behavior back of ctrl+s to start/resume
>> torrents in rtorrent's ncuses interface in konsole?
>>
>> This is on Debian Testing, rtorrent 0.7.9-2.2 and the new KDE.
>Well, it turns out that it is a feature in screen. I was using screen in
>Konsole and rtorrent was running the screen session. I inadvertently
>switched on flow control in screen with ctrl+a+f. Doing the combo again
>switches the flow control off.

I'm not sure this is solved.  I have flow control off inside my screen and I
still Ctrl+S still causes shell output to freeze and the message to be
displayed by konsole.  Turning flow control *on* in screen *still* causes
the shell output to freeze, but konsole does not display its message.
Either way Ctrl+Q gets things going again, but I am still unable to send
bash the Ctrl+S command (isearch-forward)