Re: How do you get iceweasel (or another browser) to save what otherwise the flashplayer plays?

On 2009-06-01 02:36 +0200, lee wrote:

> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 08:25:37AM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
>>
>> How about "dpkg --purge flashplugin-nonfree"?  If you do not trust
>> Adobe, stop using their closed-source software.
>
> I'd gladly do that, but how would I watch the videos then?

If you insist on viewing any video on the planet, there is probably no
really satisfactory solution.  But you could at least try swfdec-mozilla
and/or mozilla-plugin-gnash which will play some videos.  If (i.e. when)
you encounter sites that to not work with them, you can press Ctrl-u and
search for ".flv" in the page source which often reveals a URL to a file
you can download, bringing you back to your original question.

So far I've been able to avoid Adobe's crash-plugin.

Sven