Re: why must emacs depend on sound packages?

Title: Re: why must emacs depend on sound packages?

Harry Rickards wrote:

> jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
>> Why must emacs depend on sound packages? Is emacs
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_9000 and will talk to us?
>> Isn't that an independent package, emacspeak?
>>
>> Shouldn't there be a way to install an emacs without sound packages?
>> Even the nox version depends on them. Does emacs say things more than
>> "beep" often?
>>

> I don't want to turn this into a flamewar, but couldn't you use another
> editor, like vi, vim, nano, pico or ed?

Why would you even suggest that?  Should we throw the baby (piece of
software) out each time we find a particular bit of bathwater (problem)?

Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]