Re: acroread issue

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 01:22:46AM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:12:25 +1100
> Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 08:10:02AM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> > > Hello Jerome,
> > >
> > > I installed acroread-debian-files 0.0.32 from debian-multimedia.org,
> > > and now acroread is working. Many thanks!
> >
> > any reason not to use evince ?
>
> It doesn't behave well with a lot of documents, it's search capability is much
> weaker, if I'm not mistaken it doesn't allow to fill in forms, the full
> screen/rotated view is much stronger in acrobat, and once it's up and running
> it's much faster with complex documents.

okay, I have been using evince for a while and haven't had any problem,
but usage is probably not as great as yours

--
"This is a country which recently was attacked by a suicider that killed innocent children and women, people that were celebrating in a restaurant."

	- George W. Bush
10/07/2003
Washington, DC
referring to Syria in a Cabinet meeting