Re: how to test local ssh server without asking external help

On Tuesday 31 March 2009 13:48:34 Pablo López Martín wrote:
> Any ideas why: ssh 192.168.1.10 would work, but ssh external.ip.here
> doesn't? I can't test if my ssh server works (or web server, or
> ddbb server) except if I ask for external help?

Thats a nat feature, you cant access the external address from an internal
address in the same network where the redirected IP is.

If u wanna test the server from the internet try to buy a shell account in a
remote machine an telnet your IP