Re: Resizing LVM partition

Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas@gmx.net> wrote:
> Interesting... I tried increasing the size of a LV on which a virtual
> machine KVM is executed. Then with the operating system running, I
> umount (although I have understood that it is not necessary) the
> filesystem /space of the VM and I extended it so that it occupied all
> the free space. Then I did resize of the extended partition and mounted
> again /space, but still I continued seeing the old size. I tried doing
> reboot and shutdown/start of the VM and I get the same result.

Yes. If you did as you described that's exactly what you will have seen.

What (I think) you say you did:

    1.	Resize the filesystem to fit the LV (no change!)
    2.	Resize the LV partition to make more space available

What you should have done:

    1.	Resize the LV partition to make more space available
    2.	Resize the filesystem to fit the LV

Since you have now already resized the LV partition, you only need to
resize the filesystem itself.

Chris