Re: Apple OS X printing [solved] and zeroconf'ing problems

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 12:11 -0700, andmalc wrote:
> On Mar 29, 1:00 am, Ross Boylan <RossBoy...@stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> > I have a Debian Lenny box at home, and just tried to print to it from an
> > OS X 10.4 (Tiger) laptop connected to my home printer.
> >
> > CUPS is apparently supposed to advertise on zeroconf, but it did not
> > show up when I browsed in the Apple add printer dialog.
> >

> In the Tiger Browse Printer dialog, make sure the 'Default' icon at
> the upper left is clicked on or it won't show printers 'advertised'
> via Bonjour/mDNS/zeroconf (or connected by USB).

Do you mean the icon labelled "Default Browser"?  I had selected it;
nothing showed up.  I hunted around for other preferences and found
there is a "Directory Access" configuration.  It already shows Bonjour
enabled; in fact there doesn't seem to be a way to disable it.

Ross