Re: realtek RTL8168C/8111C performance issues

Mikael Rudberg <mikael@iced.se> writes:

> Hi
>
> I've been using Debian for approx 5 years. I'm in the process of
> building me a new NAS machine.
> To that end i have bought a small NAS chassis and a DG945GCLF2 wich
> has a atom 330 and realtek RTL8168C/8111 NIC. I have everything hooked
> up to a Dink DGS-1008D gigbit switch

[cut litany of realtek woes.  also complaint that external card won't
fit in the case.]

My Gigabyte board (ga-p35-ds3r) has a realtek on it.  It never worked
right.  It would randomly not come back up after a reboot.  I dug up
an old 3com 3c905b which works just fine for my home network.

Unfortunately, nearly all motherboards seem to have this crap realtek
chip.  I guess this doesn't actually help you.  I just wanted to let
you know that you are not alone in suffering realtek.

Does anyone have these things working reliably?

--
Johan KULLSTAM