Re: Wrong thread : Re: Touchpad hangs on Lenny

On Sat,28.Mar.09, 10:03:49, Ivan T. Ivanov wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 17:44 -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > Hey, Ivan, you high-jacked my thread. If you want to get some
> > intelligent traffic on your question you should start a new thread. I
> > see you are using Evolution as you MUA. I don't know Evolution, but
> > I'm sure it does have a way for you to start a new thread for your
> > new topic. Don't select 'Reply' or 'Reply to list' while you have
> > an email that is a response to my thread selected.
> >
>   Oops, sorry I do not realize this strange behaviour in Evo.

It's not strange at all, it is very correct. A standards conforming
e-mail client will insert the "In-Reply-To:" header so that other
standards conforming clients know how to sort the mail and is a very
useful feature, especially with high volume mailing lists like
debian-user.

I know it's very convenient to just hit reply and change the subject,
but since the readers of this list you are trying to reach are using
threaded clients (like Evolution) this is not a good idea. If you watch
the list for a few days (but don't forget to enable threads in
Evolution) you will quickly understand why.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)