Re: aspell gets remove on OOo removal, why?

["Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net>]
> In <[🔎] 20090325104415.GO19730@serveme.schnalke.local>, markus schnalke wrote:
> >[W]hen I issue:
> >
> >	# apt-get purge ^openoffice.org.*

> >I wonder, why does aspell get removed here.
>
> Because it is marked as "automatically" installed.  When there are (or will
> be) no more packages that depend on automatically installed packages, the
> automatically installed packages are automatically removed.

Thanks for the explaination. That sounds in a way logically.

> >And, how do I prevent aspell from getting removed.
>
> # apt-get unmarkauto aspell

`apt-get' does not have a `unmarkauto' only `aptitude' has it.
However, if I issue:

	# aptitude unautomark aspell

and do:

	# apt-get purge ^openoffice.org.*

aspell gets still removed. If I use aptitude, it seems to work.

> Also, you should switch to using aptitude; it is the preferred interface to
> the apt packaging system since Etch was released.

I know. But it's a question of taste, to me. However.

The situation appears to result in:

Solvable with aptitude, but not with apt-get.

Thanks for your help.

meillo