size problem of large file transfer over https

Hello,

I have a large data tar file of 4.4 GB. I have made it available over
https to be downloaded by the recipient. This is on a Debian Sid, 2.6.26
kernel and the partition is ext3.

When the remote user clicks on that download link, his browser is
showing the file size to be only around 130 MB. The client is a Windows
XP machine where the drive is NTFS formatted.

I am not well versed with apache server. Have it somehow hit a limit set
in the https server? If not what gives?

Thanks.

ever having been read.