Re: Konqueror: select all doesn't work in the location bar

On Thursday 26 March 2009 05:02:48 am Thorny wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:49:37 -0400, Randy Kramer posted:
> Not sure if confirmation is what you want, for me in Konq 3.5.9 on
> Lenny, select all works properly.

Thorny,

Thanks--but just so I'm clear, can you please confirm it works properly
specifically from (i.e., within) the address / location bar?

(On my Mandriva systems, (most recently, 2006, with konqueror 3.5.4), I
could put the cursor in the address bar, press <ctrl> a (or choose
select all on the menu) and select the entire web address.  On this
system (Debian 5.0) that does not work.)

> A package version, is a package version, it would be a nightmare
> otherwise. You have the same version as I.

Thanks!  I assumed that, but wanted confirmation as I'm puzzled as to
what might be different on my system that it works for you (in the
location bar) and for at least one other person but not for me.  I do
have some other problems that I don't think are relevant, so won't cite
them atm, but I can't really imagine what I could have done to prevent
this from working.  In fact, it was one of the early problems I
noticed, before I started "configuring"/fine tuning this Debian 5.0
system.

> Trying to upgrade it and creating a mixed system could cause you a
whole
> new set of problems and grief.

I'm sure!

Randy Kramer
--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.