Re: aspell gets remove on OOo removal, why?

[...]
>>I wonder, why does aspell get removed here.
>
> Because it is marked as "automatically" installed.  When there are (or
> will be) no more packages that depend on automatically installed packages,
> the automatically installed packages are automatically removed.
>
>>And, how do I prevent aspell from getting removed.
>
> # apt-get unmarkauto aspell
>
> Also, you should switch to using aptitude; it is the preferred interface
> to the apt packaging system since Etch was released.

You answered his question correctly, however, if there is no longer any
package that depends on it, why would he want to leave it on the system.
Unless of course it is required for some local package that he installed
outside of the APT system? (rhetorical question)