Re: Suspending and resuming compile process

Celejar:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:06:33 +0100
> Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
>>
>> I suspended while compiling kernels a few times already. I didn't even
>> bother to suspend the process. No problems so far. But I agree it takes
>> a while to gain confidence that this really works. :)
>
> IANAE, but I really don't see why there should be any problem with this
> sort of thing.

Sure, you are right about this. But I can't help it, it still *feels* a
bit weird. The reason may be that I only started using S2RAM routinely
about three months ago. It didn't work from the start with my previous
laptop and its battery didn't last long enough to just suspend it, drop
it in a bag and forget about it for the whole day.

J.
--
Atrocities committed in Rwanda pervade my mind when I am discussing
mundanities with acquaintances.