Re: My confusion about lenny and sid

Kousik Maiti wrote:
It may be silly question. I suddenly noticed my /etc/debian_version. It contains sid/lenny. As I know that lenny is stable and sid is unstable . So my distributiion is stable or testing???

My theory is that your version was lenny/sid when lenny was testing. Lenny is *now* stable, but wasn't always. I think you should consider yourself sid. You may want to dist-upgrade to improve the consistency. Start by reviewing /etc/apt/sources.list.

Mark Allums