Re: Can't ping to other ip addesss

Both are connected with Net.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote:
Kousik Maiti wrote:
In my system there are two ethernet card. I can't ping to other machine via eth0 but eth1 is working fine. My ethernat controller is
Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 12) It is the output from lspci . Can anybody help???

This may seem trivial, but is the other box that you are trying to ping on a local network, or on the Net?  If your NICs are set up with one to the Net and the second one to a local network then you are only going to be able to ping local machines on the second NIC and use the first to connect to machines outside the local net.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com