Re: Mouse Jumping around??

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 17:18 -0600, green wrote:
> John W Foster wrote at 2009-03-25 16:31 -0600:
> > All of the responses were possible candidates, however it seems the real
> > culprit was far simpler. My wife had swiped my very old, very highly
> > decorated, very large, very soft, MOUSE PAD... The optical mouse was
> > trying to work on a plain gray featureless desktop. Back on the pad & no
> > probs.
>
> I was disappointed by one optical mouse; for me there are 2 reasons to have an
> optical mouse: no cleaning, and no mouse pad.  But this one would not work on
> one of those white 8ft folding plastic tables.  It seems to me that an optical
> mouse should work on nearly any surface (except maybe a mirror or similar).
Well I supposed the same, turns out I should have already read up on
them.This seems to be a recurring issue with them as they need to
somwhow know they are moving, & when they can not 'see' any differences
in reflected ir light beams they get lost, then they try to 'catch up'.
At any rate I am satisfied with getting rid of the problem..After all
I've had the wife 41 years :-)
--
John Foster