Re: Mouse Jumping around??

John W Foster wrote at 2009-03-25 16:31 -0600:
> All of the responses were possible candidates, however it seems the real
> culprit was far simpler. My wife had swiped my very old, very highly
> decorated, very large, very soft, MOUSE PAD... The optical mouse was
> trying to work on a plain gray featureless desktop. Back on the pad & no
> probs.

I was disappointed by one optical mouse; for me there are 2 reasons to have an
optical mouse: no cleaning, and no mouse pad.  But this one would not work on
one of those white 8ft folding plastic tables.  It seems to me that an optical
mouse should work on nearly any surface (except maybe a mirror or similar).