Re: Mouse Jumping around??

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 22:05 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Wed,25.Mar.09, 14:54:35, John W Foster wrote:
> > I have a solid, well established Lenny Stable server system. Recently
> > the mouse is taking unexpected "leaps" around on the screen. By that I
> > mean it jumps from say the bottom right to the top left or elsewhere. It
> > is irregular. Has anyone noticed this behavior? I upgraded stable about
> > 2 days after it was declared and have continued to keep it upgraded.
> > There are no other apps from other distros of Debian. I do have some
> > roll my owns and a couple of installations using checkinstall, but
> > nothing involving the mouse or xorg. Any ideas? This mouse has been
> > working fine for a couple of years, & is a Logictech USB 3-button
> > w/scroll wheel. Mod. # M-BT85. Optic mouse. This is not a disaster but
> > is annoying.
>
> Does the mouse work in another computer? Do other mice exhibit the same
> symptoms?
>
> > Please CC; me as gmail tosses a lot of replies.
>
> Done,
> Andrei
Thanks: Andrei, Lisi, Matthew;
All of the responses were possible candidates, however it seems the real
culprit was far simpler. My wife had swiped my very old, very highly
decorated, very large, very soft, MOUSE PAD... The optical mouse was
trying to work on a plain gray featureless desktop. Back on the pad & no
probs.
Thanks All!!!
--
John Foster