Re: Mouse Jumping around??

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:54:35 -0500, John W Foster wrote:

> I have a solid, well established Lenny Stable server system. Recently
> the mouse is taking unexpected "leaps" around on the screen. By that I
> mean it jumps from say the bottom right to the top left or elsewhere. It
> is irregular. Has anyone noticed this behavior?

Yes, same here. It's been more than half a year now for me, under Lenny
(i386) too.

> There are no other apps from other distros of Debian. I do have some
> roll my owns and a couple of installations using checkinstall, but
> nothing involving the mouse or xorg.

Same here as well. My mouse is also a Logictech USB 3-button w/scroll
wheel, not optical though.

So far I haven't figure out whether it is the OS or the Mobo, or the
video driver, because for the same mouse, switching to another box (with
other OS), it works fine. The other OSs being, Slaxware, and Debian Lenny
AMD64. I tend to think it is actually related to the current Debian Lenny
i386, because for the same set of HW that Debian Lenny has problem, other
distro works fine. But also maybe because I don't use other distros long
enough to detect any problem.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/