Mouse Jumping around??

I have a solid, well established Lenny Stable server system. Recently
the mouse is taking unexpected "leaps" around on the screen. By that I
mean it jumps from say the bottom right to the top left or elsewhere. It
is irregular. Has anyone noticed this behavior? I upgraded stable about
2 days after it was declared and have continued to keep it upgraded.
There are no other apps from other distros of Debian. I do have some
roll my owns and a couple of installations using checkinstall, but
nothing involving the mouse or xorg. Any ideas? This mouse has been
working fine for a couple of years, & is a Logictech USB 3-button
w/scroll wheel. Mod. # M-BT85. Optic mouse. This is not a disaster but
is annoying.
--
John Foster
Please CC; me as gmail tosses a lot of replies.