Re: sound blaster problem -

> Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels PCI Express
> Interface Sound Card -
> OEM<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102023>
>
>    - *Sample Rate:* 96KHz
>    - *Digital Audio:* 24-bit
>    - *SNR:* >100dB (20kHz Low-pass filter, A-Weighted)
>    - *Line In:* Yes
>    - *MIC In:* Yes
>    - *Other Ports:* Speaker out (4x 1/8" mini jacks) Optical out (TOSLINK)
>    Digital Out supports stereo SPDIF out and pass through of multichannel
>    DVD sound Optical in (TOSLINK) Intel HD Audio Compatible Front Panel
>    Header (2x5pin)
>    - *Features:* X-Fi Technology X-Fi Crystalizer X-Fi CMSS-3D Virtual
>    X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone Hear headphone surround that sounds like
>    multichannel speakers Enjoy Realistic sound effects in games Experience
>    cinematic surround sound from DVD movies
>    - *Model #: *30SB104200000
>    - *Item #: *N82E16829102023

I've googled fast and found that your card is supported by ca0106 driver
I would try latest alsa drivers and so on

have a look here I hope it helps http://alsa.opensrc.org/Ca0106

you need to check for the proper driver

Thanks for the solution - but i do not see any drivers on that page to download.
Sorry - i must admit i am lost on linux...I can run the alsaconf utility.
But where can i download the drivers ???? Any steps ??

thanks
mjh