lenny reinstall

I need to reinstall lenny using netinstall. (I had some problems with the network, etc. during the first attempt.) I want to keep the partitioning I currently have set up. I especially don't want to risk messing up hda1 since I promised the user that I'd give them the option of booting either system.

   hda1 win2000
   hda2 /
   hda5 /swap
   hda6 /home

Will the partitioner give me the option of reusing the current scheme and formatting over the old data on hda2 and hda6 or do I need to delete the contents of hda2 and hda6 using a live distro (or the installer command line?) before I start the install? I seem to recall reading somewhere that Debian won't install over itself. Any pitfalls to watch for here or am I just paranoid? I don't want to lose the contents of hda1. I'm planning on using the graphical installer and manual partitioning.

postid