Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1751-1] New xulrunner packages fix several vulnerabilities

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 07:57:11PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sun,22.Mar.09, 18:35:21,  wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm running Etch, and use Iceweasel.  I'm concerned about this security
> > advisory.  It says that the Etch release notes said that the Mozilla
> > products would have to be stopped prior to the end of the Etch support
> > period.  I don't see this.
>
> Here it is:
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/oldstable/i386/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#s-mozilla-security

That, again, is just like in Lenny, where they say that, at some point in
the future, security support may be dropped.  They still do the security
support for Lenny, but they didn't announce dropping it for Etch.

For how long have I been running a (knowingly) insecure Iceweasel?

I'm glad I use a different user for it.

Doug.