Re: iceape-browser disappear of debian

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:00:30 +0100, Gerard Robin posted:

> Hello,
> iceape is no more part of debian, I would like to know if is it possible
> to install the package seamonkey of ubuntu in sid ?

It was dropped from Debian because no one stepped up to act as maintainer,
you may be able to do your own local install of the suite depending upon
your ability and desire. Be sure to read the release notes. I agree with
poster Mark Allums about mixing packages from Ubuntu, might work, might
not, might cause you grief, Ubuntu is based on a snapshot of sid at a
particular time and I don't think it's clear how that might impact your
system or what effect it might have on future upgrades.

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/