Re: confused about gcc-4.3 version in my system

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 08:37:47AM -0700, shaul Karl wrote:

> dpkg (dpkg -l gcc-4.3) reports that 4.3.3-3 is installed.
> The latest entry in /var/log/apt/term reports 4:4.3.3-2 were set up.
                                                ^^
					typo?

> To add to my confusion, I seem to remember that the head of /usr/share/doc/gcc-4.3/changelog.Debian.gz pointed to 4.3.3-3 before the mentioned entry in var/log/apt/term.
> How can it be?

"I seem to remember" is not good enough. I wouldn't worry about it since
the -2 and -3 are just the Debian version numbers, that is you still
have gcc 4.3.3 installed.

There is no way that 4.3.3-3 would be installed before 4.3.3-2,
discounting any dpkg forcing options.

In fact lenny has

gcc-4.3:
  Installed: 4.3.2-1.1