Re: help - Browsing network Issue after installing SAMBA?

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:32:49 -0700, dbpbandit posted:

> I've been experimenting with several distributions of Linux over the past
> few months and I finally decided on Debian for many reasons. Currently I
> have it running on a couple of laptops and an old PC. The PC has two HDD,
> one has Debian Lenny and the other has Fedora 9 so I could switch between
> the two. The HDD with Debian died last week so I put in a working drive
> and ran the Debian Net-Install but this time I selected to "File Server"
> option. Everything seems OK as far as the OS but now I can't brows to the
> other Windows systems on the network like I could before. Does this have
> something to do with the fact that it's now running SAMBA? Is there
> something I need to do to brows to the other network machines? I'm pretty
> new to Linux so any help is greatly appreciated, thanks..

Dave, you're more likely to get useful answers if you provide a bit more
information.

What method did you use to browse the network "before". Include any error
messages you receive when you now try. Otherwise, it isn't easy to guess
where the problem might be occurring and many people who might be able to
help you will just read your post and move on.