Re: Flash player for Lenny/64 - But from where?

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Matthew Smith <matt@smiffytech.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> A little research has shown me that to install Flash player for my
> 64-bit Lenny Iceweasel I need to install flashplugin-nonfree
>
> However, when I get nothing but:
> 0% [Connecting to www.backports.org (194.8.57.6)] ...followed by a
> timeout, this makes it a bit tricky.
>
> Is there a mirror of this anywhere that I can use or is there an
> alternative, not-too-complicated way of doing this?
>
> Cheers

1. install swf player by apt-get install swfdec-gnome swfdec-mozilla
gnash mozilla-plugin-gnash
2. if cannot view the latest version of swf, we can download the
latest plugin from adobe,
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&amp;P2_Platform=Linux&amp;P3_Browser_Version=Netscape4,
unzip the downloaded package to a location like
/root/Software/flash/install_flash_player_9_linux, it will contain
libflashplayer.so, then close the web browser, copy libflashplayer.so
to /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins.
3. for AMD64 version, install nspluginwrapper by apt-get install
nspluginwrapper, register the plugin by nspluginwrapper -i
/usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins/libflashplayer.so.