Re: Top posting vs Bottom posting

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 01:51:31PM EDT, Florian Kulzer wrote:

[..]

> I need to see the relevant context quoted (properly trimmed as the
> discussion progresses, of course), especially if a thread has run for
> a while.

Most "business" mail runs something like this:

-> hey, Dee.. got my fax?

   (Cc: my boss, her boss.. )

<- Yeah, got it.. Thanks!

   (Cc: same)

Where I work, over 90% of the emails that I see are of this nature.

There's no need for "context" whatsoever.. all parties know what the fax
is about.. and since delivery is accompanied by a pop-up in the bottom
right corner of the Microsoft Windows session of everyone concerned..
provided the sender _top-posted_ and was brief enough to accomodate the
size limitations of the Microsoft Outlook pop-up.. the recipients of the
e-mail won't even waste company time switching from their Microsoft
Excel spreadsheets to their Microsoft Outlook mail readers and "opening"
the e-mail.

How these Microsoft-centric "methodologies" could benefit *nix mailing
lists is beyond me.

CJ