Re: Which timezone does the cron use in Debian?

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:18:34 +0000
Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt> wrote:

> > and the date and time is correct. They're the same as the bios (cmos) clock shows.
>
> I'd assume cron uses system-time, so whichever time 'date' tells
> you... Did you check to see you don't have any other cron-jobs alying
> around?

But IIUC, timezone is a property of individual user environments, and
is not a systemwide constant; date presumably uses the timezone of the
user invoking it. I assume, but I'm no expert, that cron also uses the
timezone of the user whose cronjob it's currently running.

Celejar