Re: user shutdown

Hello,

Have you try to play with /etc/shutdown.allow (shutdown(8))

Otherwise, I expected to do what you want from

System->Preferences->Main_Menu

but there is not item corresponding to the `Shutdown Down...' button,
a lest on my Lenny box.

I am not very familiar with the Configuration Editor,
but I would look there as well.

hth,
Jerome

Maria McKinley wrote:
Hello,

I have had a couple of users accidentally shutdown computers, because there is a shutdown button under the log off button on the Systems dropdown menu. I had thought the default for debian was to disable user shutdown (ie. root only), but apparently this is wrong, or has changed. How can I disable this menu item? I was able to find instructions on how to disable this in the login screen, but not from this menu after you have logged in. I'm sure there must be a setting to disable this, but can't find it anywhere.

thanks,
maria

--
Jerome BENOIT