Re: 64 vs 32 lenny

> It's a different approach taken than the 1:3 gb split. You are paying
> a performance penalty for accessing the higher part of the memory as
> it requires trickery and you will probably see a gain by using a amd64
> kernel (you can keep the 32bit userspace)

It has its advantages and disadvantages, yes.  I haven't noticed
a performance penalty, but I haven't tried to measure it either.  As for
using a 64bit kernel with my 32bit userspace: everytime I tried, I found
out something doesn't work with it.  First it was 32bit ekiga didn't
work with a 64bit video driver; then it was 32bit wpa-supplicant didn't
work with a 64bit wifi driver; last I tried it was uswsusp which failed
for similar reasons.

        Stefan