Streaming Video from a Debian box

Do I understand that there's no pre-packaged Debian solution for
streaming videos from the Debian/apache box to other clients, similar to
how YouTube streams videos?

I found Icecast, but the official site indicated it's an audio streamer
only, although I saw a reference or two elsewhere about it possibly
streaming theora files. (Which would work, if I can convert my
Mac-generated .mp4 file into theora. (I only used the Mac for its iMovie
app; openmovieeditor crashed on me, and seemed ... "weak".))

I also found Apple's Darwin, but that just seems .., tainted ,..
somehow, and I'm not sure it would work anyway.

So, what's the solution for setting up my own Youtube-like service on my
Debian box?

Thanks!

--
Kent West                           <")))><