Re: how to association mailto mime type with icedove

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:08:06 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

>>> i followed the instruction, but it doesn't work for me:
>>
>> Yep, that last message from the above url concurs this, i.e., the
>> method ceased to be working after 1.5 years later, since
>> Iceweasel/3.0.3 (Debian-3.0.3-2).
>>
> In "Preferred Applications" are you choosing Iceweasel from the menu, or
> choosing Custom, and putting in /usr/lib/icedove/icedove?

Yes, that's what I did in OP.

FYI, found the solution at
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/firefox-3.0-email-
links-no-thunderbird-650845/page2.html

Those slackware guys don't mind rolling up their sleeves and get their
hands dirty. :-)

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/