Re: kde, dual monitor, maximize windows to the current monitor

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:39:44 +0000
Antonio Diaz <adiazsanchez@yahoo.es> wrote:

>    I work with dual monitor configuration. I'm using Debian Sid and
> KDE 3.5.10. So far whenever I maximized a window it just maximized to
> the current monitor. However, a few days ago I updated my system (new
> kernel and "safe-upgrade") and this behavior seems to be changed. Now
> windows are maximized to both monitors and it's really annoying me. I
> have checked the xorg.conf file and it hasn't been touched. I have
> also checked the KDE display options and everything seems to be
> right. What is more, when I am logged as root user windows maximize
> just to one monitor, so I am sure that it has to do with KDE and not
> with the xorg file configuration. To be really sure, I installed
> XFCE4 and using this system windows just maximize to the current
> monitor.
>
>    Please, anyone can help me?
>
>    Thanks in advance,

Right-click desktop and open "Configure Desktop" dialog.  Choose
"Display" entry from left menu, then "Multiple Monitors" tab.  Make
sure that "Enable multiple monitor window maximize support" is checked.

Jeff