Re: Gateway P-7805u Any success - install & using debian on this laptop? Bios upgrade procedure?

tech lists wrote:
Has anyone successfully installed & used Debian on either this
(P-7805u) or the simiilar 7811 Gateway laptops?  I'm having trouble
finding any success stories on Google ( or this mailing list, or the
debian-laptop mailing list, or linux laptops website) for these
laptops or any Gateway FX laptops (or even Gateway laptops in general)
for any linux distro.  The laptop has been out since the middle of
last year with the only change coming at the end of last year with a
slight downgrade on the screen resolution.  Surely someone's tried
linux on this laptop in the last 9 months?

If anyone is using this laptop with Debian or any linux flavor, is
there a known procedure for updating the bios (if/when necessary)
without either booting into Vista or without a Windows partition at
all?

Thanks,

Laura

I curious what problems you are running into on the install? I've installed Debian etch and lenny to a few different makes of laptops now and really haven't run into anything that can't be worked around. Lenovo, Toshiba, HP, Sony, Mac, and an old Gateway. By now I would think just about everything should work.

Daryl