Re: "Domain of sender address does not resolve" in mail logs

On 18.03.09 19:31, Matthew Smith wrote:
> Tempting though it is, rejecting mail on the basis of RFC-non compliance
>  is NOT a good move.  E-mail is borked beyond redemption so, until we
> are redeemed by the secure, efficient, replacement for SMTP, we need to
> be tolerant of such things as MX records not having corresponding A
> records - even though it makes our spam-filtering configuration that
> much harder.

If a domain doesn't resolve, it's not available for e-mailing, thus it
should not be used in mail addresses (you can't mail there, you can't bounce
there...).

Rejecting mail from non-existing domains has been good and very often used
anti-spam practive for YEARS, why do you oppose now?

However, the error was just temporary, so if destination mail server will
found the MX/A, it may accept the mail in the future (until the mail
expires). It seemed that act.gov.au should take care of its DNS...

Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901