Re: Lenny + Dell PE 2970

M. Lewis wrote:

I'm trying to install Lenny on a Dell Power Edge 2970 with little success. The problem I'm running into is installing grub. My .iso images check with md5sum correctly. With three different DVDs, I get the error:

Unable to install grub in (hd0)
Executing 'grub-install (hd0)' failed
This is a fatal error.

maybe a long shot, but his problem reminds me a little when trying to install from USB, the installer defaulted to install to the USB stick, thus not giving an error but evidently GRUB was not in the right place when trying to boot from the hard disks. IF the installer would see your install DVD as (hd0) then the error would make sense.

--

www.songshu.org
Just another collection of nuts