Re: DVD authoring

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Frank McCormick
<fmccormick@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Running Squeeze....and lookng for a comprehensive DVD authoring
> software. There doesn't seem to be much in the repositories , at least
> nothing with a nice GUI front-end.

tovid (tovid.sourceforge.net) is nice, has a nice generator for menus
and offers plenty of conversion options. It depends on other tools to
get the job done, like transcode, imagemagick, ffmpeg, mplayer,
python, etc.

The SVN repository is a bit more up to date, I think.

> I am also looking for software to convert some mpeg4 files I have to
> avi's.

Transcode or ffmpeg should be able to do that.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.