RE: Checking the md5sum of a burned CD

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Lewis [mailto:cajun@cajuninc.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:33 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Checking the md5sum of a burned CD

> I've burned a CD from a .iso image. Now I want to verify the
> burning process worked correctly (there were no errors reported).
> Note, I verified the md5sums of the .iso's before I burned them.
> So now I'd like to check the burned CD against that md5sum.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
> --

Yo cannot use the same md5sum, because that md5sum is generated from the
.iso file and you did not burn your CD as data CD contaning an .iso file.
If so, your CD would not be bootable. But if you burned your CD as
bootable CD there is no longer an .iso file and you will have to use
md5sum.txt of your CD and check /every/ file inside your CD.