Re: Help! Grub is broken

> It all happened suddenly. I was editing a file in gedit 3 minutes ago, and
> when I was saving it, it said "readonly filesystem". then i restarted my
> machine, it ccould not shutdown for it said it's a readonly file system.
> then i pressed reset to force it restart, then it stopped at "grup
> virus? how to recover my system? thanks

It is not going to be a virus.

If it was my system, first thing I would do after booting up the Live CD
as poster David suggested would be to run a filesystem check on the
unmounted partition that is your root partition. Perhaps you might want to
read the manual page for fsck previous to issuing the command.