Re: Help! Grub is broken

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:01 PM, 明覺 <shi.minjue@gmail.com> wrote:
> It all happened suddenly. I was editing a file in gedit 3 minutes ago, and
> when I was saving it, it said "readonly filesystem". then i restarted my

I had a box that would frequently not be able to find its boot disks,
got error 17s from time to time. It may be a transient error. First
thing to try would be a cd like System Rescue CD, which would boot
your computer and let you then boot from first hard disk, or repair
the grub table.

\--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.