Re: why there are unusual space between letters when view pdf file in pdf reader?

明覺 wrote:
> 2009/3/19 H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com>
>
>> 明覺 wrote:

>> thanks.
>>> yes, some of the fonts are "not embeded", others are "embed subset", does
>> it
>>> mean I need to install those "not embeded" fonts? thank you for your
>> answer.
>> Yes, that is what I would understand. At the very least, you need
>> suitable substitution fonts so that the substituted fonts appears
>> reasonable while reading. What the fonts that are not embedded?
>
> thank you very much! after i install ttf-mscorefonts-installer, the spaces
> in the document become usual and good for reading. but still some of the
> fonts are "not embedded", they are "ArialBlack",
> "Arail,Bold","CenturyGothic,Bold","Verdana,Bold","TimesNewRoman","Verdana","CenturyGothic,
> Italic","ArialNarrow","ArialItalic",""CenturyGothic,BoldItalic","Verdana,Italic".

The "non embedded" fonts will always be non embedded in a given PDF. The
only way to embed them is to recreate the PDF with the fonts embedded,
AFAIK. Did you create the PDF file yourself? If yes, how? If no, do you
have any contact with the person who did so? If yes, you can perhaps ask
him to embed all the fonts in future.

If your document is properly displayed, then your PDF reader substituted
the right fonts. It *is* properly displayed now, yes?

ever having been read.