Re: snd-hda-intel Codec: IDT 92HD73E1X5 support in lenny

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 02:27:42AM +0100, Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> Alex Samad wrote:
>

> > alsa-source 1.0.19 has finally hit the repo's, try this
> >

> Downloaded and installed
>

> > (you might need a m-a prepare before hand)
> > m-a build alsa
> >
> > and then install the packages and that does the kernel side of things
> >
> > then you need to update the userland side
>
> what does it mean in human language?

m-a is part of the package module-assist - it assist in building modules
that are connected/rely upon the kernel source/headers.

apt-get install module-assist
m-a update prepare
m-a -t build alsa

this will produce a alsa<something>.deb file in /usr/src