Re: Upgraded to Lenny can't Disable Screen Blanking

> What do you use as your screensaver?  If it's nothing,
> the above should
> work (and does for me on Lenny).  If it's
> xscreensaver,
> gnome-screensaver or other, they already do what xset s off
> would
> achieve and control blanking the screen themselves.

I am using gnome-screensaver but I set everything off.  Or, at least I unchecked "Activate screensaver when computer is idle" and set the Power Management settings to "Never."  That is all I could see that you could turn off.  But none of that ever worked.  I had to comment out the Options DPMS line in the xorg.conf file before I could stop the screen blanking in Etch.

I did enter that xset s off command as root though.  I am not sure if that was the right thing to do so I just tried it as the user logged into the console to see if that would work.  So far so good.

Thanks,

B.