Re: Buffer I/O Error ... End_request

On 2009-03-18 06:49 +0100, Zaki Akhmad wrote:

> After I chose my Debian on grub, there's message like this:

> Buffer I/O error on device sr0, logical block 358650
> End_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 1434600

/dev/sr0 is your CD/DVD drive, so that's not an essential problem.

> Can somebody help me, what does it mean? Thanks!

It means that some sectors on the disc were not readable, which could
be due to a bad disc.  Or you may need to dust off the drive.

I've seen this message several times myself when I forgot to remove a CD
or DVD before powering off the machine.  On next boot it is then spun up
when udev starts.

Sven