Rescue Linux partition

Hi all:

Is there a bootable utility that can be installed on a CD and rescue or back up the data in the Linux ext2 partitions on my HDD and write them to a CD using the CD writer on my system. I have a DVD/CD drive as well as the CD writer, but the system running Windows 98 will not boot from a floppy in the A drive, although it will boot from CD. The partition information I've checked using VCom Partition Commander 10 runnig in Linux off the CD, and there is enough space to reinstall Corel Linux (Debian based) but I can't do that, unless the floppy drive works. The data in the ext 2 partitions is small enough to fit onto a CD. I don't want to install a different Linux version if I can't backup what's already there. I could boot to the VCom CD and then run a backup utility from a different CD if necessary. I can't backup from Windows98 as it doesn't know there is a Linux partition and can't access it anyway. I also need a utility to determine why the floppy won't boot, even though it reads and writes once the system is booted to Windows. Any help appreciated!

Regards
Martin Willcocks
Taylorsville, UT, USA.